Before you get a Pug and bring it home you must make sure you are prepared for it!
Table of Contents
Things to buy
- Dog food – see our section on food and nutrition for Pugs here.
- Food Bowl
- Water Bowl
- Plastic mat – for under the food/water bowl to help minimise mess in your house.
- Dog Treats – don’t over feed them, but its nice for them to have some special treats.
- Dog Bed – something comfortable for your Pug to sleep on
- A Crate – important to toilet train dogs. Make sure you read our guide on crate training (even if you have no intention of getting a crate)
- A first aid kit for dogs – See here for ideas when it comes to this.
- Dog toys – get a selection of toys created for dogs that will be fun but also safe
- A dog lead/leash and/or a Harness – because of their small size it is recommended to use a harness rather than a collar when attaching a dog lead/leash, so it doesn’t choke them!
Things to do:
- Keep all food hidden or high enough your dog can’t reach it. Pugs will eat anything in sight
- Keep all cleaning products locked away – you really do have to treat the house as if you have a small child in it. Keep everything safe and locked away!
- Put stickers or posters on glass doors – they will not see the glass and will run straight into it otherwise.
- Cover up any lose electrical wires/sockets. You don’t want your new Pug poking his nose or paws into it.
Please follow and like us: